Who are we?
The registrar is:
Tel (015) 415 1100
Business ID: 0166561-0
Kuomiokoski Oy (Kuoma) is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and offers the opportunity to influence the processing of data.
The information we collect may be divided into information provided by the user, observed in the use of online services, and derived from analytics.
We use the information to:
- Provide an easy-to-use and secure service,
- Provide a good customer experience,
- Improve marketing, customer service and product recommendations,
- Develop customer service and e-commerce.
What Personal Information Do We Collect and Why?
- Information provided by the user or personally identifiable information
- Identification information, such as name
- Contact information, such as address, email, and phone number
- Location information subject to customer consent, which is used to estimate delivery time
- Data observed and analytically derived from the use of the services
- Purchase history, e.g., ordered products and their price information
- Delivery information, such as the selected delivery method and delivery address
- Product reviews
- Website and e-commerce usage and browsing information, as well as identification information of the terminal equipment, such as IP address
- Product recommendation as well as other information and tags used in targeted content
- Providing identification, contact, and payment information is mandatory when purchasing from the kuomashop.fi online store via the Internet
The primary source of information is the user, in addition to which we may obtain additional information from our partners, such as a credit service provider.
Use of Personal Information
Personal information is used:
- For maintaining customer relationships,
- For delivery, processing and archiving of orders,
- For handling complaints,
- For the development of Kuomiokoski Oy’s operations and services,
- To improve the customer experience,
- For analytical and statistical purposes,
- To produce more personalized targeted content and marketing,
- To prevent abuse,
- To provide better customer service,
- To meet statutory obligations, such as accounting obligations.
- When dealing with the online store, the basis for processing is the implementation of the agreement and the measures prior to concluding the agreement, as well as Kuoma’s legitimate advantage insofar as Kuoma uses the information collected through the online store to maintain marketing and customer relations. In addition, personal information related to purchases made in the online store is also processed to fulfill Kuoma’s statutory obligations, such as in connection with liability for errors and accounting.
- We process data, cookie data and analytics data generated from the use of the online service based on Kuoma’s legitimate advantage. The legitimate advantage in these cases is that Kuoma is able to provide its online services, develop its operations and conduct business.
- In the case of a newsletter, processing is based on the consent you have given when you subscribe to the newsletter. In addition, consent is the basis for processing your location information.
For How Long Do We Retain Information?
We will only retain your information for the time necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this policy. For example, in the case of a newsletter, we will delete the subscription information without delay if you notify us that you will unsubscribe from the newsletter. In addition, some information may be retained for longer to the extent necessary to fulfil and demonstrate the proper performance of statutory obligations, such as accounting and consumer trade responsibilities.
Legislation imposes obligations on some data for longer-term storage of data, for the following purposes, for instance:
- The Accounting Act defines longer retention periods for information, regardless of whether the material contains personal data or not
- Fulfilling responsibilities for consumer trade
- System log information is collected and stored as required by law to enable us to provide legal and secure online commerce to our customers.
- Adequate backups of trade databases and systems to secure data, correct errors, and ensure data security and continuity
What Rights Do I Have with Respect to the Retention of My Information?
As a customer you have the right to:
- Access your personal information, including the right to receive a copy of your personal information,
- Request the correction or deletion of your personal information,
- Under certain conditions, request a restriction on processing or object to the processing of personal data (for example, for direct marketing purposes),
- Ask for the transfer of your data from one system to another, if technically possible.
In addition, if processing is based on separate consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of data processing prior to the withdrawal of consent. However, withdrawal of consent may in some cases affect the availability of our services.
You can make a request to exercise your rights by contacting our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must be sufficiently particularized for our customer service to verify your identity. We will notify you if we are unable to comply with your request in any way, such as deleting any information that we have a legal obligation (such as credit information) or right to retain.
If you find that the processing is deficient or illegal, you have the right to complain to the Data Protection Ombudsman.
How Can I Influence the Use of My Data?
Kuomiokoski Oy is committed to offering its customers the opportunity to influence the processing of their data.
You can decide for yourself the marketing targeted for you, value-added services, and whether to receive various marketing messages. The customer can also terminate their customer account at any time in Kuomiokoski Oy’s online store kuomashop.fi and request that Kuomiokoski Oy delete the information by contacting our customer service email@example.com.
Note that in some cases, not all information may be deleted, and the law may require that some of the customer-related information be retained.
Is My Personal Information Disclosed to Third Parties?
Only Kuomiokoski Oy’s employees have access to customer information. Our employees are trained to use information safely and ethically. Each of our employees sees customer information only to the extent necessary to perform their duties.
We use trusted contractors, such as subcontractors, to transfer information to third parties, such as e-commerce order providers, that is, transportation companies and payment service providers.
We also use customer data with third parties for analytics and personalization purposes. We take advantage of purchasing behavior and browsing data with partners to better offer you products and offers that interest you. Information used for analytical and personalization purposes is anonymized or pseudonymized whenever possible. Only we can associate the pseudonymized information used with your name.
If necessary, we also provide information to the authorities. We will always inform the customer about requests for information if this is permitted by law.
We provide information to the following third parties:
- To the carrier, if the chosen delivery method is transport to the pick-up point, the nearest post office, or the destination,
- To the payment intermediary when paying with a payment card and to the issuer of the credit when the customer chooses the credit company’s invoice or installment as the method of payment,
- To the analytics and statistics partners,
- To the product recommendation and personalization partners,
- To the email marketing partner if the customer has allowed communication and product review requests based on browsing history,
- To the SMS partner when sending text messages is allowed,
- To other subcontractors, such as those responsible for the technical implementation of the website, to the extent required for the maintenance of the website.
Agreements with all partners and subcontractors have taken into account the requirements of the EU Data Protection Regulation and other legislation. When transferring and processing data, Kuomiokoski Oy ensures a high level of data security and protection in accordance with the EU Data Protection Regulation.
We have activated Google Signals in Google Analytics, which enables cross-device activity tracking and personalized advertising. This means that we collect information such as location, search history, YouTube history, and activities on our site so that we can better tailor our ads and services to our users' needs and interests. Information is only collected if the user has accepted personalized advertising in their Google account and the setting of marketing cookies on the website. The stored information is always summarized and anonymous.
Google Signals help us to better evaluate user behavior, wishes and interests in order to optimize and customize our products and services. By default, this data expires after 26 months. Users can manage or delete their data in their Google account and change their consent to personalized advertising in the Google account settings.
Are Cookies Used on the Website and What Kind Are They?
Functional cookies and local storage are used, e.g., for customer identification, login maintenance, delivery time estimates, and shopping cart functions. The use and acceptance of cookies and local storage for these activities is mandatory. The functional cookies and local storage variables set by the server remain in the browser for 15 min – 24 months unless they are deleted from the browser settings. Visiting the website resets cookies and local storage variables when the browser allows it.
How to Contact Us